We respect your right to privacy.
We will not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless it is in response to you using our Website or actively registering for one of our online products. The security of your personally identifiable information is extremely important to us.
George Williams Antiques, The Annexe, Newcastle House, Kilmainhamwood, Kells, Co Meath, Ireland
What information we collect
Registering with George Williams Antiques
When you register on the Georgian-Antiques.com website and when you purchase one of our Online Courses on the Website, we and third parties working with us will collect the following information:
- Name & email address (required)
- Home address, contact telephone number
- Credit/debit card information
- Data relating to your use of our Website and enrolment on Online Courses
- Information provided by you when you correspond with us (including via surveys)
When you are participating on an Online Course, we and third parties may collect and store the following additional information:
- comments you voluntarily post while participating in online discussions with the Course Tutorss and other Course Participants
- any email communications with George Williams Antiques to seek user support or to send queries related to the Course
- any content submitted by you during the Course (images, videos, documentation)
- responses you voluntarily provide to George Williams Antiques, the Course Tutors, or third parties in questionnaires, surveys, or user research that you participate in related to the Course
Accessing the Website
In providing our online services and products to you, we and third parties we work with will collect, store, and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to manage your account;
- to provide technical support to you;
- to send you email notifications and updates about Courses you are enrolled on;
- to contact you occasionally in order to invite you to share your opinions of and experiences with George Williams Antiques, and to to publish customer reviews and ratings of our Courses on our Website or on other media channels;
- for marketing purposes, where you provide us with your consent to receive marketing communications, which may include email and/or telephone communications with information, news, and offers of Courses on our Website;
Who we may share your information with
For the above purposes, we may share your information with the following third parties. Please note that any third parties’ use of your personal data will be governed by their own privacy policies and give rise to separate obligations under applicable data protection laws. We suggest that you carefully review any third party privacy policies that may apply to you.
Third parties that may receive your information includes our payment services providers – PayPal (UK) Limited,
Customer relationship management service providers such as MailChimp (which allows us, for example, to send personalised email communications to you);
Any entity to which we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other legal requirements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How our Course Tutors may use your information
- Embeded links may be used within the Online Course material or within emails related to the Course, and such links if selected they will take you off the Georgian-Antiques.com Website and bring you to a third party website.
- At no time will you be required to submit any information on third party websites as a condition for continuing the Online Course on Georgian-Antiques.com Website but certain materials may not be available to you in the format they were originally conceived.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
We have several legal bases for collecting and using the personal information described above. They are:
- Where the use of your personal information is necessary to perform our obligations under any contract with you (including providing you with access to Online Courses on the Website for which you have registered and/or made a purchase);
- Where we have your explicit consent to collect, store, and use your information for a particular purpose, including where you consent to receiving marketing and promotional communications for products on our Website;
- Where use of your personal information is necessary for purposes of pursuing George Williams Antique’s legitimate interests, as long as these interests are not outweighed by your own interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms. For example, we will need to ensure that in these cases you would reasonably expect your personal information to be used, and that it would have a minimal impact on your personal privacy. Such legitimate interests are:
- to conduct our day-to-day business, including the operation of a fully functioning website offering online courses;
- to ensure we are delivering a high level of customer service through ongoing customer communications and responses to customer queries;
- to invest, test and roll out new products which we believe will benefit our customers or prospective customers;
- track and ensure completion of contractual obligations;
- carry out market research and business development;
- to operate our website;
Storage and Security of Information
All information is stored on our secure servers. When you register, we will ask you to choose a password which enables you to access your Online Account. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
In addition, we (or third parties acting on our behalf) may also store or process information that we collect about you in countries outside the European Economic Area, which may have different standards of data protection than in Ireland. Specifically, servers used by our Website are located in the United Kingdom. We have put in place technical and organisational security measures to prevent the loss or unauthorised access of your personal information. However, whilst we have used our best efforts to ensure the security of your data, it is your responsibility to make an informed decision to avail yourself of our services and products or if your concerns about the handling of data require you to refrain from using our Website.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
You have the following data protection rights:
- You can edit your personal details via your profile page whenever you wish. We maintain a procedure in order to help you confirm that your personal information remains correct and up-to-date or choose whether or not you wish to receive material from us or some of our partners.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the ‘Contact Us’ link on this website.
- You may unsubscribe from certain email communications by following the Unsubscribe link in the email communication itself. You may also update your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account page. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to access, correct, or update your personal information on our systems. We will answer every email as promptly as possible. You have the right to delete your account. To do so, you can go to your settings.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information on the basis of your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- If you have any privacy-related questions or unresolved problems, you may contact us using the information provided below.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the United Kingdom, the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries including the US and Canada are available here.)
We take seriously our legal obligation to protect the privacy of children. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of the Website is directed to persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Website at any time or in any manner. We will take appropriate steps to delete any personal information of persons less than 13 years of age.
For more information about cookies, including further details as to what they are and how to refuse them, please see our Cookies Policy.
George Williams Antiques,
The Annexe, Newcastle House,
This page was last updated on 20 September 2021.